Basement Waterproofing Systems
- Increased property value.
- Structurally sound foundation.
- A healthier home environment for your family.
- A warmer basement during winter.
- Enjoy an increased living space.
- A more attractive and more comfortable home.
Facts about wet basements:
- Wet basements create the perfect environment for termite activity.
- Trapped musty air in basements travel to upper living areas in buildings.
- Wet basements have excessive mold and mildew.
- Mildew in drywall is known to be toxic.
- Wet basements promote allergic discomfort.
- Wet basements add to humidity THROUGHOUT the house.
- Wet basements cost more to heat, as it takes more energy to heat damp air.
- USEABLE SPACE can sometimes be DOUBLED with a properly waterproofed basement.
Free Estimates from Local Basement Waterproofing Professionals
Get started now
If you own a home and have a subsoil basement then you need to be concerned about basement waterproofing. Basement waterproofing is defined as preventing water from penetrating into your basement area.Keeping the water out of your basement will limit the amount of mold and mildew that can occur in your basement area. The mold and mildew due to improperly waterproofed basement walls can cause illness and sickness in you and your family.
The construction industry is full of basement waterproofing products that are designed to keep your basement dry. However through proper research you will find that there are only three separate types of waterproofing available to you.
The first type is called “Tanking” or bonding a substance or membrane to the outside of your basement that will prevent water ingress into your basement walls. This method is predominantly used during the initial construction phase of your home. If your builder built the structure properly this should be all of the basement waterproofing that you will need.
However if like most this method wasn’t followed to the complete letter of the suppliers instructions you are going to need to continue reading. The second basement waterproofing method that is utilized is called a Cavity Drainage System. When your basement is constructed you will have a thin plastic honeycomb membrane installed on the walls and floors. The floors will be sloped toward the sump pump so that any water that ingresses into your basement structure can be promptly removed.