Articles about Basement Waterproofing:
- Basement leakage can destroy furnishings
- Basement remodel increases investment
- Basement seepage from outside
- Basements are prone to high humidity
- Causes for a wet basement
- Chronic dampness causes structural rot
- Clogged gutters cause problems
- Concrete is naturally porous
- Fixing rusted downspouts
- Improperly positioned downspouts cause trouble
- Membrane must be applied consistently
- Normal rain may not show seepage
- Remodeling follows failed waterproofing
- Sump pumps remove water
- To rebuild or not
- Wet basement reduces value
- Wet basements occur in all types of soil
- What indicates high risk of damage
- Increased property value.
- Structurally sound foundation.
- A healthier home environment for your family.
- A warmer basement during winter.
- Enjoy an increased living space.
- A more attractive and more comfortable home.
FACTS ABOUT WET BASEMENTS:
- Wet basements create the perfect environment for termite activity.
- Trapped musty air in basements travel to upper living areas in buildings.
- Wet basements have excessive mold and mildew.
- Mildew in drywall is known to be toxic.
- Wet basements promote allergic discomfort.
- Wet basements add to humidity THROUGHOUT the house.
- Wet basements cost more to heat, as it takes more energy to heat damp air.
- USEABLE SPACE can sometimes be DOUBLED with a properly waterproofed basement.
"Concrete is naturally porous"
Water seeping through concrete since it is naturally porous, is due to faulty basement waterproofing and can cause a wet basement. Are there signs of mold or mold damage in your home in the lower levels' a down spout that became disconnected after the inspection can cause water in the basement. Basements are closed areas so they are prone to high humidity conditions that lead to dampness and flooding. Basement remodeling starts with reliable basement waterproofing. If you choose the wrong company to do it they could make quite a mess. There are basic methods used to manage gutter water and keep it away from the basement. Chronic basement dampness can increase the potential for structural rot and wood boring insect infestation. Beware that it can take weeks or months for a house to completely dry out. Check your gutters and make sure you're not taking on water. Cracks in concrete slabs, corners, and joints can be repaired with the easy peel crack injection kit. Does your family suffer from mold-based allergies' each year thousands of homeowners who have basement waterproofing systems will flood anyway. For instance you will find 1/2 horsepower sump pumps that can pump 3000 gallons per hour.
Beware that underground downspouts and the pipe itself may back up freeze up or otherwise malfunction. Chronic basement dampness can increase the potential for structural rot and wood boring insect infestation. Concrete waterproofing crack repair will stop further water damage. Basic methods of foundation waterproofing can be a do it yourself job. Basements can leak for a multitude of reasons. Check your gutters and down spouts for leaks and make sure all the earth is slanting away from the foundation. Does your basement or crawlspace resemble a swimming pool in the winter due to heavy winter precipitation' even if all you do is dump more dirt around the perimeter of your foundation it might stop the problem. Each year thousands of homeowners who have basement water control systems will flood anyway because they are incorrectly installed. Get rid of it with a mixture of vinegar and water. Finding a basement-remodeling contractor in your area requires some research.
Depending on how many cracks you have or wish to fill the project could take some time. Depending on the severity of conditions you can have rot structural damage or premature paint failure. Cracks in foundations are signs of basement wall problems. Does your basement leak are you unable to enjoy a considerable amount of space. It is important to remember that each year thousands of homeowners who have basement-waterproofing systems will flood anyway. Despite the pervasiveness of the problem few homeowners are aware of the causes of water leakage.